Monday, August 29, 2005

From Africa to Atlanta By Way of Arkansas

The quilt that started the African Canvas Memory Quilt™ series is called From Africa to Atlanta By Way of Arkansas. The quilt was originally made as project of the Brown Sugar Stitchers Quilt Guild. All guild members exchanged African fabrics and made an African coin quilt to show at the guild’s annual tea.

After making the quilt, I thought it would be fun to embellish it. Almost subconsciously, I started adding things that were significant to my life. My Mom’s wrist watch, my sorority symbol, a clarinet charm and a pin that said “India’s Mom” made my quilt special. Once I got started, I couldn’t stop. I still add to it. I love looking at the quilt because it makes me smile.
From Africa to Atlanta By Way of Arkansas became #1/100 of the African Canvas Memory Quilt series. It is a permanent part of my quilt collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home